Saturday, February 15, 2014

5 course Valentine's Day Dinner for The Boyfriend.

The Boyfriend is not easy to buy gifts for, but he loves good food, so I made this meal for him for Valentine's Day.  Note, there is some meat in this meal.  I am still vegetarian and I do not eat meat, but I do cook it for him on occasion.   

First CoursePanzanella with Homemade Croutons, Roasted Tomato-Garlic-Shallot Vinaigrette, Bucheron Cheese, Fresh Basil, Lemon Zest and Pea Shoots.

Second CourseGrilled Ahi Tuna with Green Olive Tapanade over Dressed Baby Arugula.

Third CourseChipotle Orange Sweet Potato Soup with Candied Spicy Pumpkin Seeds, Maple Orange Greek Yogurt and Fresh Thyme.

Fourth CourseChianti-Tomato-Garlic Braised Beef, Spelt Berry Pilaf, Red Chard with Caramelized Garlic, Shallots, Candied Spicy Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries and Feta.

Fifth Course: Super Dark Mocha Chocolate - Raspberry Ice Cream Cake with Kahula Ganache.

He enjoyed the meal and I love pleasing him.  Thank you Sweetie for being such a great boyfriend.  I love you so much and am so glad I know you.  You are such a good man. 

3 comments:

  1. Whooaaaaa...look at the food!!...5 stars fine dining...you should open up a restaurant Melody..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing feast you prepared for your man. To me, there is no better gift that you can give someone else than to make someone yourself for them; I am sure he was floored! Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, Mel!

    ReplyDelete