Monday, December 23, 2013

Dec. Pantry Challenge: Cabbage, White Beans and Potatoes with Thyme and Coconut Oil


Growing up, one of my favorite comfort meals was tofu and zucchini sauteed with thyme and tamari, served over bulgur.  I would add some cottage cheese to it sometimes too.  Yum..

So, this morning, I was kind of craving that, but I had red cabbage, white beans and some baked potatoes that I needed to use up.  We are going out of town for 5 days for xmas, so I made this awesome breakfast!

Cabbage, White Beans and Potatoes

  • 1 tbsp chipotle lime infused coconut oil
  • 1 onion
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 2 tsp good quality dry thyme 
  • red pepper flakes to taste if desired
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 4 cups red cabbage (or green cabbage)
  • 2 small baked potatoes
  • 1.5 cups cooked white beans
  • Braggs to taste (or tamari or soy sauce)
  • Black Pepper to taste
  • 1 cup cilantro, chopped

Method:

  1. In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat add the coconut oil, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes. 
  2. Saute for several minutes, then add the balsamic vinegar, cabbage, potatoes and white beans. 
  3. Cook for 15 minutes or so, adding braggs and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
  4. Serves 2

1 comment:

  1. This looks drop dead amazing! I am SO going to make this as soon a possible...better let Christmas pass first. This looks like soul food to me. Cheers for the amazing share :)

    ReplyDelete