My spice mixtures were put to good use creating this amazing, flavorful dish! I DRY FRIED the tofu while I was prepping the vegetables and this dish came together in less than 30 minutes. Just a note on the link I provided... I can't just ignore the very sad update on Giovanni.... he died in 2012 at the age of 5. His family lost their second son... I can't even imagine the PURE HELL they are living. It is amazing how many people they have saved through their Bone Marrow Education... if YOU are not registered to donate, PLEASE consider it.... you can literally save and change lives..... with a simple gift...
..... I digress... back to food, even though it's hard to go back..
This Ethiopian tofu and Veggies is so awesome!.. You will love it. This recipe makes 1 LARGE serving.If you want this to serve 2, then serve it over brown rice, quinoa or millet.
How to Dry Fry Tofu:
Ethiopian Tofu, Okra, Cabbage and Tomato
- 4 oz tofu,dry fried
- Cooking Spray (I like coconut oil cooking spray from Trader Joes)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ethiopian2 Spice Mixture
- 1 tsp SouthIndian Spice Mixture
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup okra
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- Dry Fry Tofu
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, spray cooking spray and add the onions, tomato, ginger, spices and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the cooked tofu, okra, cabbage, crushed tomatoes, and water.
- Cover and bring to a strong simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, if using, cilantro, basil, thyme and ghee or oil.
17 grams fat
36 grams carbs
25 grams protein
15 grams fiber