Sunday, July 14, 2013

Corn on the cob with chipotle lime infused coconut butter


Fresh Farmer's Market Corn on the Cob is pretty much perfect on it's own, but creating your own Chipotle Lime Coconut Butter will elevate to new levels!
I steam my corn on the cob by bringing several inches of water to a boil on a large pot, using a basket steamer.


Place the corn in, cover and steam for 5 minutes.


While the corn is cooking, whip up the spread:


Chipotle Lime Coconut Butter
  • 1 cup coconut oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
  • juice and zest of 1 lime
  • 1 large garlic clove, pressed
  • 1-2 chipotles in adobo, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp cilantro
  • 1/8 tsp turmeric (for color if desired)

Mix everything together in a bowl. 


Enjoy like you would butter! You could chill it a bit, and roll it into a log and freeze it like you're making a compound butter! 


YUM!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I don't usually care much for corn, but I do love corn on the cob a couple of times per summer.

    P.S. Isn't the coconut oil from Costco awesome?? So affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely gonna make this soon! I love coconut oil, and now you have me craving corn on the cob, too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long will this keep in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kept this batch for 3 months and it's still good.. I used it the other day.. I think it will keep a very long time.. like 6 months.. as long a you refrigerate it.

      Delete