Saturday, March 16, 2013

Peach Spice Green Smoothie


Since my surgery, I have been starting my day with a green smoothie of some sort.  My entire digestive system has been very compromised due to illness over the past three months (I will blog about what I went through soon).. and I am slowly but surely rebuilding health from the inside out.  I am making a point to take in at least 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk and two tablespoons of chia seeds daily in a probiotic rich base.  I am using home cultured soy kefir (post coming up)..  and I feel like it is REALLY HELPING!  

Peach Spice Green Smoothie

  • 12 oz soy kefir, yogurt or non-dairy milk of choice
  • 8 oz water
  • 1 tbsp psyllium husk
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 8 oz frozen peaches
  • 1 frozen banana
  • nutmeg, cinnamon and stevia to taste
  • several drops almond extract
  • 4 cups loosely packed spring mix 
This makes a huge blender full.  I drink the whole thing all morning long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment