Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Guacamole Salad with Onion Crunch


Oh how I LOVE avocados.  They are super good for you too.  Half on a Hass avocado has around 150 calories, 5 grams of fiber and is full of beneficial fat!  This salad is super easy to make (it is still delicious without the Onion Crunch).. the combination of fresh basil and cilantro is a little unexpected and the two flavors compliment each other so well! I've been eating a lot of salad lately avocado is one of my favorite toppings!

Buffalo Chickpea Salad




Guacamole Salad 
serves 2

  • 1 large Has Avocado, medium chop
  • 1/2 small red onion, minced
  • 1 cucumber, medium chop
  • 2 roma tomatoes, medium chop
  • 1 jalapeno (take seeds out for less heat)
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
  • Pinch garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil 
  • 3 tbsp Onion Crunch or french fried onions (optional)
Method: chop veggies and mix everything together in a bowl.  Allow mixture to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving. 


I was given this product to review and I will also be hosting a giveaway.  It's really yummy and I will have a full post about it coming up soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Melomeals-
    I love the Blog !!
    You are very passionate about food, health and Onion Crunch. Congratulations on your weight loss triumph and move to the "Big City"
    Your happiness & healthfulness shows.
    I LOVE ONION CRUNCH!!!!! Have you tried the BBQ & Chipotle Flavors? They are a thing of beauty for your palate. I am not completely Vegan, I LOVE FISH - crusting a nice fresh caught piece of any Mild White Fish is delicious with lots of texture. Good for you!! If you have not already done so, check out the company website!
    It is one of the finest food ingredient websites available.
    LOTS OF GREAT (and tested) RECIPES.
    www.onioncrunch.com
    Please subscribe me to your blog - we can journey through great food, great health and ONION CRUNCH.
    thankmagnet@aol.com
    Best to you,
    Michael from Miami Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks great! I use Onion Crunch as a topping for hamburgers, hotdogs & pizza and can't wait to try it on the Guacamole Salad!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete