Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ethiopian Tofu Scramble with Cabbage and Cremini Mushrooms


Having our two Ethiopian Spice Mixtures on hand allows me to create dishes with amazing depth of flavor in no time flat.   Early this morning, I made my Spicy Blender Juice 1 bunch cilantro, parsley, beets, ginger, jalapenos, psyllium and chia, but i was hungry a couple hours later so I threw together this yummy tofu scramble in 15 minutes. 

Ethiopian Tofu Scramble 
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
  • 4 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
  • 4 cups chopped cabbage
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp tumeric
  • 7 oz crumbled extra firm tofu
  • 1 tsp Melody's Spice Mix
  • 1 tsp The Boyfriend's Spice Mix 
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • soy sauce/black pepper to taste
  • fresh thyme (optional)
Method:
  1. Heat a large skillet to medium and add the oil and mushrooms.  Cool the mushrooms until they are browned.
  2. Add the cabbage and spices and tofu and a healthy pinch salt/pepper.  Cook until cabbage is done (around 10 minutes)
  3. Stir in nutritional yeast, soy sauce, pepper and add any fresh herb you may have on hand. 
Serves 1 very hungry person or 2 regular people

Sneak Peak at some recipes I'll be posting soon:

Crockpot Baked Beans

Creamy Tomato Soup with Pesto

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just found your blog (wish I know how I linked to it) and had to say "thank you". What fantastic recipes. I've bookmarked and will be back to visit often. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog.... I hope you find recipes your family will enjoy

      Delete