Sunday, March 17, 2013

Caraway Dill Coleslaw


I was asked on Facebook yesterday if I had a coleslaw recipe to share.  Now, my favorite slaw is my Asian 5 Spice Slaw.... but not everyone is into that sort of thing, but if you are please make it because it's DELICIOUS! 


I digress...  so, I realized I have never actually written down my normal slaw recipe.. and hadn't planned on making any, but The Boyfriend had some fish for lunch, so I offered to make him some slaw and wrote down my recipe as I made it. Even though I call this caraway dill slaw, the flavors are mild enough that you could serve it as regular slaw. 

 Caraway Dill Coleslaw 
  • 4 cups chopped cabbage
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup minced red onion
  • 2 tbsp mayo (My Lower Fat Vegenaise recipe is GREAT here!)
  • 1 tbsp dijon
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1.5 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp dry dill, caraway seeds
  • 1 tbsp fresh dill, parsley 
  • salt/pepper to taste or Old Baby Seasoning
Method:
  1. Massage the salt into the cabbage until it starts to break down. Set in a colander to drain water. (there won't be much water released)
  2. In a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste with salt/pepper. Let it side for 5 minutes after adding the salt/pepper and taste before you re-season.
  3. You could also replace the salt with Old Bay Seasoning. This is super yummy! 


1 comment:

  1. This Coleslaw looks amazing! I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete