Thursday, January 03, 2013

Simple No Cook Salsa



I love salsa and my cooked recipe is an all time favorite, but The Boyfriend really likes texture and chunk and freshness, so I have created a super easy recipe that is super yummy and takes about 10 minutes to prepare.  I do used canned tomatoes.  We get a #10 can of San Marzano tomatoes from Costco.  I used around 2/3 of it to make Marinara (I'm using the crockpot today.)  

OK, so as many of you know, I like spicy food, so feel free to seed the peppers, use less of them and leave out the Indian Chili Powder.  

Salsa
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 28 oz can tomatoes, crush with your hands
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp extra hot Indian chili powder (optional)
  • 3 Serrano Chilies, chopped
  • 1 canned chipotle 
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Mix everything together, and allow mixture to sit for an hour; taste and adjust seasonings. 


Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment