Sunday, October 07, 2012

Simple Roasted Carrots and Beets


This recipe is brought to you by The Boyfriend and is a lesson in restraint when it comes to spicing.   
We picked up these amazing carrots and beets at the farmer's market along with some arugula and blue cheese, so we decided that a salad would be amazing.. and we were right! 


We chopped them up, and he informed me that we would not be adding any spices.  I resisted the urge to argue and tossed them with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and that's it. Now spread on a sheet pan and bake at 400 for around 20-30 minutes.  I made a simple balsamic vinaigrette, tossed the arugula in it and then placed the hot veggies on the cold arugula and topped with the most amazing local blue cheese..    It would be GREAT with my Vegan Blue Cheese as well or my Nutty Cashew Goaty Cheese

So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment