This recipe is loosely based on my Pumpkin-Cranberry muffins, but kicked up a notch, flavored with orange zest and crystallized ginger. Feel free to add cranberries; they would be a lovely addition, bursting with tartness and imparting a healthy dose of Vitamin C!
Gluten Free Orange-Ginger Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups Bob's All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- pinch ground cloves, cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped, crystallized ginger
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Zest of half of the orange
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
Method: Pre-heat oven to 400
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together well in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, add the juice/zest of the orange, milk, oil and flax meal. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients, stirring until VERY well incorporated. Don't worry about over mixing the batter.. one of the fabulous benefits of Gluten Free Baking!
- Line a muffin tin with a dozen paper liners, spray with cooking spray and use an ice cream scoop to fill the cups 3/4 the way full. You should have 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean; rotate the pans halfway through
I love experiencing the change of seasons! Fall is my favorite... ! What are your favorite seasonal Fall foods?