Sunday, November 06, 2011

Simple Eggplant and Vegetable Stew


I made this simple eggplant stew a couple weeks ago, but never blogged about it.  I have just started doing some Social Media for Fairfoods (www.fairfoods.org) and this is the first recipe I put on on their blog!  I am going to revise that recipe just a tiny bit because I actually added a lot more spice to my stew, but since I know most people don't have the same love heat and intense flavor, I toned it down over there.  Please go check out the Fair Foods Blog and like them on Facebook! Tell everyone you know about it because even though we are in Boston, YOU and YOU and YOU can get some GREAT ideas on how to start something like this in your community!  It's truly amazing to me that this resource exists and was starting by people just like you and me! One person can really make a difference.

So, go check them out. I'll wait.

www.fairfoods.org
http://fairfoodsboston.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/eggplant-and-veggie-stew-recipe/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fair-Foods/36943401926

OK.. so you're back.  The recipe is linked up there.. but the changes I made:
I used 10 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon chipotle powder and lots of fresh basil (because I had it on hand.  my roomie has a big plant)..  I also used marjoram, added a bit of cumin and rosemary.. and of course, added some beans and ate it as a stew.