Saturday, October 22, 2011

Heathier Brownies and Banana Soft Serve

I made these brownies the other day when I was craving something sweet...

I haven't tested this totally.. and trust me.. this is NOT a dessert or real brownie.. but it is a healthier alternative for those who want that.  I would NEVER serve this and call it dessert. I also can NOT guarantee results if you are not using KAL stevia powder.. this is the stevia I use. I don't have experience with other types so any questions about them I can't really answer.

Breakfast Brownies:

  • 2 cups barley flour (or gluten free all purpose mix, or oat flour)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 VERY SCANT teaspoon KAL Stevia powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup golden flax meal
  • 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (no sugar/spice added)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup cooked beans of choice (puree these in a food processor with the melted chocolate 
  • 3 squared melted unsweetened chocolate (melt in microwave for 60 seconds, let sit for 1 minute)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350
  2. In a large mixing bowl add the first 7 ingredients, whisk well
  3. Make a well in the center and add the pumpkin, oil, and the pureed bean/chocolate mixture
  4. Clean out the food processor with the 1 cup water, dump into bowl and add vinegar
  5. Mix until VERY WELL INCORPORATED
  6. Grease a 9 by 13 pan and pour mixture into the pan
  7. Bake for 35 minutes, cool completely before serving. 

Banana Soft Serve Recipes:

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2010/11/frugan-goodbye-mofo-and-banana-peanut.htmlhttp://melomeals.blogspot.com/2010/11/frugan-goodbye-mofo-and-banana-peanut.html