Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Utilizing Leftovers! Clean out the fridge Spicy Noodles!

If you have extra hummus, why not make some delicious Spicy Noodles? I used my chipotle hummus in this dish, but you can use any kind! (except Chocolate Hummus!)

Spicy Noodles ( 2 big or 4 small portions )

  • 6 oz brown rice noodles, cooked very al dente
  • 1 c pasta cooking water
  • 1/2 c hummus
  • 2 T minced fresh ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 T Ketchup (click for my Sugar Free Ketchup Recipe!)
  • 2 T Siracha
  • 1 T Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar or Lime Juice 
  • cooked tofu
  • cooked leftover veggies 
  • Cilantro/Peanuts for garnish
  • Soy Sauce/Pepper to taste

Method:

  1. Cook pasta, reserve water
  2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients... (except the tofu, veggies and cilantro) 
  3. In a skillet, add the pasta, sauce ingredients , tofu, veggies and thin out with the pasta water as needed. 
  4. Heat through and add the cilantro/soy sauce and pepper to taste

I have an abundance of green beans I'll be using in the next couple of days. I scored them on sale last week for $.69/lb. I blanched them and froze half of them. The rest need to be used! I look forward to experimenting!

... and of course, my obligatory Photography Plug! My Cross Country Vegan Road Trip is going to be funded through Photography and Cooking Classes! I will have my itinerary up soon and I hope YOU will set up a shoot or a class with me!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Melody -- if you make it out to the Sacramento, CA area, I'd love to do a photo shoot with you. I really like how creative your portraits are. You are definitely an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those noodles look yum.

    Mel, I froze all my garden produce, including beans, without blanching. They turned out *terrific* ... much better than when blanched. And it's SO much easier. Just wash, allow to dry well, and freeze.

    If you come through Michigan, stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those noodles look so good! I'm glad you have green beans to use up; I do too. I'll be awaiting yummy recipes to use them in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually been thinking I need a professional photographer, but I need someone in Seattle. And probably before August. If you were here, I'd chose you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could clean out my firg and come up with a meal like this! This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the happiest dog I've ever seen. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using hummus as a sauce/dressing/etc.! Yum :-)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you find brown rice noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you come to Australia, I'll set up a shoot with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love every ingredient here. Cleaning out the fridge and using up odds and ends is always an adventure!

    ReplyDelete