*I shouldn't have to say this, but I will (due to the emails and some comments I've been receiving):
I am not a medical doctor. I have no scientific basis for the claim that eating beets as part of your meal will reduce sugar cravings. This is only based on my own experience. You may have a different experience. Please, it's not necessary to email me about how horrible beets (insert other foods that I blog about) are in your so called "healthy diet".
Oy Vey.. I digress!
So onto the delicious recipe!
I used my Sesame Chia Dressing to top this delicious salad, but I also add some lemon pepper and toasted cumin seeds. I LOVE toasting whole seeds of any kind. The use of cumin seeds gives you a lovely burst of flavor every bit or two that will linger on your palate.
Sesame Beet Salad
- 2 c roasted beets, cooled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 c shredded carrots
- 2 T diced red onion or shallot
- 2 t minced fresh ginger
- 1 t lemon pepper
- 1/4 t toasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 c toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch stevia (or 1 T sweetener of choice)
- 1 orange, sectioned (squeeze the juice into your bowl!)
- 1 T Umeboshi Vinegar
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- Sesame Chia Dressing To Taste
- Soy Sauce to taste
Mix everything together. Add soy sauce to taste. Enjoy
Portrait of the Day