Monday, November 29, 2010

Frugan: Angelic Split Pea Soup


I think I captured an angel in my soup! I seem to capture a lot of orbs/angels or what have you over the lasts 6 months especially.

I walked to the store today and bought:

Spinach .99
Tofu: 2.29

Starting tomorrow, I am going to be eating 5 mini meals a day. I need to do something different when it comes to my weight and I figure eating smaller portions through out the day is something experts recommend. I've been eating larger portions than I need and I feel like I need to get a handle on feeling satisfied with less and using food for FUEL instead of using a meal as an EVENT.  I am going to try this for the next month and see how it goes!

The focus of this blog is going to be not only Frugan ( frugal vegan ) but also weight loss ( again ). I KNOW how many times I've talked about this over the past 4 years and I have had some success, but it's time I kick it up a notch. I am halfway to my goal weight at this point! It's been slow going for sure, but slow and steady wins the race.

11 comments:

  1. That looks heavenly!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the halfway point. Work well done!

    I had some success eating mini meals, too -- but that is just my "food personality," too -- I'm really a grazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight you have already lost and on the weight I know you WILL lose :-)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatiful as always!

    I eat throughout the day too just I can't eat big meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't seeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

    :-(

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting approach. I end up eating smaller meals most of the time but sometimes a big one. I think if I wait until I get too hungry I can eat too much because I'm just so starving! I eat when I am hungry though and not by the clock. I know some people have luck doing it the opposite way but it's just how it works for me. Good luck, cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty and colourful soup!!! Best wishes on the weight loss endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine10:05 AM

    Meloday, once again I'm impressed. Very.

    You eat vegan, leave out the junk, eat a huge variety of foods, for relatively little money, 5 times a day.

    You have so much to be proud of. I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours in this! So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and I think it is absolutely wonderful with it's delicious looking frugal vegan meals with large amounts of gluten free recipes. I'm celiac, so this is something I need in a recipe!!

    Thank you so much for making this blog.

    As for weight loss, I would suggest beach body insanity. 60 days of gruelling work and I'm sure you could manage 40 pounds of weight loss with muscle addition which would make you burn fat easier anyways.

    I know I plan on doing it in the new year.

    Good luck, and it seems like you eat super healthy as is!

    ReplyDelete