Saturday, April 05, 2008

Galaxy Foods Vegan Cheese and Hummus


I was excited to receive these goods... vegan cheese and hummus! Galaxy Foods has created an amazing Vegan line of products much superior to their vegetarian offerings in my humble opinion. I have compared them to their Veggie Slices/Shreds and find their Vegan offerings SO much better! I am actually excited about this vegan cheese! I have opened the block cheddar... and have had it cold on a sandwich and I really love the flavor.

Now, I have to be honest. Cheese is my biggest weakness, but these products totally hit the mark for me. I don't know how it melts yet, but will be sure to report my findings. The flavor is delicious and I'm thrilled that none of their products contain hydrogenated oils. They do contain corn syrup solids which is my only objection. Still, MUCH better than tofutti slices in taste an nutritional valiue.


Here is the rice slice on a grilled cheese. You can see how wonderfully it melts. It was totally satisfying and I will definitely buy this to have around.
The rice cheddar... very delicious on a cold sandwich as well... at only 45 calories per slice, it is a great alternative to dairy cheese and other vegan slices.

I will be utilizing the rest of the goods soon... so look forward to those posts! For now, I can say that I am much more impressed with the Galaxy Foods Vegan Cheeses than I thought I would be! Also, the chipotle hummus I've tried was fantastic... and I'm looking forward to tasting the rest of the hummus they sent.

12 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish they sold this in Canada already!
    The "Vegan" soy brand is awful and doesn't melt. I really want to try the Rice Vegan kind. I sort of miss processed cheese... I'm not even sure why, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a package from Galaxy Foods too... and like you, I am more impressed with the products than I expected to be. Though, not much melting action going on. Oh well--what can you expect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a package from Galaxy Foods too... and like you, I am more impressed with the products than I expected to be. Though, not much melting action going on. Oh well--what can you expect?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how their Rice Cheese melts! So yummy! And I love your blog :) It's awesome and would love to add you to my blogroll so let me know if that's ok Girl! Have a fabulous evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mel! My box also arrived and now I need to plan my menu for next week. I did try the mozzerlla on pizza a couple days ago and though the flavor is great it did not melt. I will post pics in a couple days. I will have to make some bread tomorrow and try a toasted cheese sandwich. It has been forever since I had one. I can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to be receiving all these yummy vegan foods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are actually my least fave of the vegan cheeses. I'll eat it, but I prefer Follow Your Heart (haven't tried Cheezly or Teese yet). I like the Galaxy Rice slices better than the non-rice ones though. And they do melt well. That's a plus. I've never seen Galaxy hummus though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That grilled cheese is making me drool. I miss grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome! And those tomatoes are so ripe and bright! I'm starting to get hungry after looking at those pics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see that the products didn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the same package from Galaxy and still haev to post about it.

    I honestly think their Vegan SLices is the absoute best cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich. But I have to admit, I didn;t like their hummus at all--tasted to watery to me.

    I remember trying to go vegan back in 1986, when nothing liek this was even available. Veganism has suere come a long way, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, you're so lucky to get to review these products! those cheeses look so good, too, not to mention the hummus!

    ReplyDelete