Friday, August 24, 2007

Easy meals and cookbook writing

These clean out the fridge noodles were a big hit as usual in my house.. this time, I actually wrote down the recipe and sent it off to my testers.. They were really good with the teriyaki glazed tempeh on the side.
Another cookbook recipe, simple and easy teriyaki glazed tempeh. My son, who hates all things tempeh loved this.
Salad with a low fat asian inspired dressing and the glazed tempeh. The dressing is also going into the cookbook.

I don't remember if I mentioned, but I have started writing my cookbook from scratch again. All of my old recipes (almost 200 written out) are gone for good. It's amazing, but I'm not that upset about it. Instead, I am excited because now I get to photograph everything and test the recipes as I make them. Also, my cooking style has changed quite a bit since I started actually writing my recipes down in 2002.

I am still working on my cheez recipe. The texture I want is so elusive! I have come up with some interesting ideas for other foods while experimenting, so that is fun stuff.

If you want to be a recipe tester, send an email to melomeals@gmail.com.

12 comments:

  1. That tempeh looks mighty tempting.
    Awesome that you're working on a cookbook, I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup in the previous post sounds interesting, printing it off for making sometime soon when I have time! And get some of that vinegar and coconut oil.

    I can't seem to make tempeh at home that I like. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to get these tested this weekend, that is if wedding plans can give me 1 day of breathing space. :o) They look delicious! Keep them coming! Have a great week at your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there Melody... I would happily try some kid friendly recipes send them my way.. vegan325(AT)HOTMAILDOTCOM.. (you get the idea!)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Melody, I didn't realize that you had lost all of your old recipes! But good for you for all the new recipes you're coming up with- I'm having a great time testing them! I will post the first set of test recipes in the next few days. Good luck- everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tempeh looks great! If I only had the time to be a cookbopok tester for you *sigh*-- I would certainly be enjoying some amazingly wonderful meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melody, I can't wait to start testing your recipes--I'll be out of town this week, but I'm definitely going to try that tempeh when I get back! And I'm really excited about your cookbook. All the food you show us is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The glazed tempeh salad looks so delicious. It looks like it would have been a perfect lunch for these hot days we've been having.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tempeh looks just like chicken! Had I not read I would have thought it was. Great stuff Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Can't wait for that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I've never been able to get tempeh to work right for me :( I'm sorry to hear about having to start your cookbook over again, but I'm glad you're excited about starting over. I'm sure the recipes will be bigger and better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how'd you lose the recipes??

    I'll be a tester. ;)!!!!


    Teddy

    ReplyDelete