Friday, June 15, 2007

Sheese please!


Sometimes, easy comfort food is a must. Growing up, my grandmother fed me white bread with american cheese, iceberg lettuce, miracle whip and pickles. I loved those sandwiches. Sometimes, we'd put some mustard on them.
My version is a little healthier, on whole grain bread, vegenaise, dijon, baby arugula, garlic pickles.. but I ruined the health aspect by using Tofutti Cheez. Oh well. I'm OK with that. Fortunately, I will no longer be buying Tofutti Cheez, because I now have access to sheese.. (and I really want to try to figure out how to make my own version of sheese!)
Actually, the real reason I am writing is to annouce that as of yesterday, Cafe Indigo is now a Sheese distrubutor! We carry the Mozzarella, Cheddar, Smoked Cheddar and the Strong Cheddar. This stuff is amazing! We are selling the wheels for $10.00, which is just above our cost. So anyone within driving distance from Concord, NH wanting to try it out, come pay us a visit! You can sample it to make sure you like it.
The strong cheddar is my personal favorite. The great thing about sheese, is that it does not contain hydrogenated oils.

6 comments:

  1. I am so intrigued by this 'sheese' I keep hearing about. If I was anywhere near you, I would definitely buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to buy some of your sheeze. Love the sammich, btw... i would try it your way for sure. Mel, your grandma got you started on some interesting eatin's there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great - I would love to buy some if it were feasible. I've heard so much about the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try 'sheese', but no where in my area has it yet. One can only hope that it will soon be available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the welcome - this is such a friendly blogging community. (-:
    I was just in Scotland and looked all over for the mysterious Sheese. Unfortunately, I came home empty handed. Can't wait to try it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a hook-up here in Nashville for sheese. That's so cool you now have access to it all the time. Woot! I know what you mean about comfort food. Sometimes my brother and I would make sandwiches with white bread, ketchup, mustard, and a thick stack of potato chips. It sounds horrible but every now and then I get a craving for it.

    ReplyDelete