Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kimchi

Kimchi

I was reading Zenpaw's blog(http://zenpawn.com/vegblog/archives/00000009.html)the other day and I was inspired to make Kimchi!

I took a head of nappa cabbage (salted it and drained it for 4 hours), 6 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp cayenne pepper, 2 tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 large onion, caraway seeds, ginger root and some braggs apple cider vinegar and mixed it all up in bowl, then let it sit out at room temperature for 3 days. (I covered it with plastic wrap). Then I chilled it and ate some with my leftover tofu scramble for breakfast. It is HOT!! I like it. I look forward to experimenting with more flavors and different cabbages.

I'm off to the grocery store for my midweek muchies.

6 comments:

  1. wow, that is a most interesting recipe ~ i've eaten it before but don't remember much about it. i'd have to leave out the caraway seeds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it taste like regular kimchi? Any substancial difference?? I would love to know and to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cayenne. Ay yi yi!! Bet it WAS hot hot hot!! But good good good!! Lookin'n forward to your MUNCHIES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had Kimchi before. I'm not a big cabbage fan tho

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE kimchee...LOVE IT!

    i'm going to make some now..t.ahnk you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmmmm....kimmmmmmmmchee.

    ReplyDelete